Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Snorkeling!

    June 14, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    Today we had the opportunity to go snorkeling! We woke up and had breakfast at 7:30am. Our breakfast was cooked by our host, and then our driver, Gede again, picked us up just after 8:00 to head to snorkeling!

    It was about a 20 minute drive, and then we had to walk to the snorkeling check-in counter. We quickly checked in, and then were each given a wristband with our company’s name. We were sized for flippers, and then given a safety briefing before heading to the boat. We boarded the boat with about ten other people, and then were off!

    It was about a 10 minute boat ride to our first snorkel location: Manta Point. We put on our masks, snorkels, fins, and life jackets and were in the water! Unfortunately we didn’t see any mantas, but we did see some cool fish and coral! Heidi, sadly, got pretty intense motion sickness at this location due to the waves, and sat out the rest of snorkeling, but was feeling better by the end.

    Our next stop to snorkel was Gamet Point. Again we saw some beautiful fish and coral. Here we even saw a big school of fish swimming together! Next we headed to Crystal Bay, and enjoyed more snorkeling. Our last stop for snorkeling was Wall point (really a very steep incline that continued into the water). We were amazed at all the fish and coral that we could see.

    From there, we were back in the boat heading back to our starting point. We got off the boat and then rinsed off the salt water. We then met Gede and headed back to our AirBnB. We changed and then headed across the street for some lunch. We enjoyed some food before heading back to our Airbnb to relax for the afternoon and do some planning for the rest of our trip!

    We booked a handful of things to do in Ubud (our next stop) and to finish out our time here in Nusa Penida. Dad’s eye was not looking good, and he was resting most of the afternoon. When Dad woke up we all walked about 15 minutes down the road to the “apotek” or pharmacy to get dad some eye drops. He was able to get some antibiotics, and we are all hoping it is a magical Balinese eye drop that will cure him quickly!

    We ended our evening with dinner at Mae Mae with live music, and then played Euchre (Emily had never played!).
    Read more