Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    East Penida

    June 15, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 82 °F

    Today was a favorite! We started off with breakfast at our Airbnb - again it was simple but delicious. Then our driver and guide, Gede, met us and we were off!

    Our first stop of the day was Diamond Beach and Atuh Beach on the Indian Ocean. We paid admissions and then were stunned by the beautiful views. Dad was not excited about the steep cliffs on either side of us…. but braved it initially. We began a STEEP descent down some stairs, and about 15 steps down, Dad turned around and returned to the top with Gede. The rest of us continued down to the bottom. We had to use ropes and some big steps to get to the bottom. The sand at the bottom was amazing and this became our favorite beach yet, the views and color of the water were breathtaking.

    After enjoying the beach and water on the way up Mom did the Bali swing over the water! She even got to wear a beautiful dress! We then finished our ascent back up. There were many more people coming down as we were headed up and it got quite congested! We made it to the top and reunited with Dad and Gede. Then we headed down the other side to Atuh beach. These stairs were not along a cliff wall, and Dad did much better going down! We enjoyed a refreshing swim in the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful, with a window cliff in front of us. We swam for a while and then headed back up. The stairs up were hot! We met Gede and were very excited for some AC in the car :) We stopped for some lunch and enjoyed delicious milkshakes!

    We then got back in the car and headed to our next stop: Goa Giri Putri Temple. We arrived, rented sarongs and then headed in. This temple is inside a cave! You have to enter through a small hole (that they claim anybody can fit through!). Once inside it is a massive cave that you can stand up in. Gede told us that many people from Bali come to this temple for ceremony.

    Then we headed to our last stop: an ATM… because we needed more cash! We then made it back to our AirBnB and relaxed by the pool and played Euchre for the afternoon. We went to a restaurant just down the beach from us called Kul-De-Sac Beach Bar and enjoyed cocktails and dinner while watching the sunset. We ended the evening playing the Crew!
    Read more