Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    To Ubud + Mom and Dad’s 33rd Anniversary

    June 16, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 77 °F

    Today was a travel day as well as Mom and Dad’s 33rd wedding anniversary! We woke up this morning in beautiful Nusa Penida and enjoyed a delicious breakfast at our AirBnB. We were talking to our host, and she mentioned the potential of an earlier boat back to Sanur at 1:00pm, rather than us having to wait until 4:30 which was our current round trip ticket.

    We wanted to check out a beach in town called Kutampi as well, so James, Heidi, Mom, Maddy, and Emily walked into town. James, Heidi, and Maddy stayed at the beach and swam for awhile, while Mom and Emily walked down to the port. They were able to go to the Idola Boat desk and switch to the earlier boat!

    We swam for a little while at our AirBnB before heading across the street for lunch, We enjoyed a quick lunch and then met our taxi down to the port. The taxi couldn’t fit all six of us, so we had to take two trips with our luggage, but that was ok because it was only a 5 minute drive.

    We boarded our boat a little late, and then were headed towards Sanur! We made one stop to pick up some more people, and then began the 45 minute fast boat ride. The ride was incredibly hot, but we all made it feeling pretty well, and then met our driver at the port. After about an hour and a half drive we were at our AirBnB in Ubud!

    Our AirBnB here is beautiful! We have an outdoor kitchen and pool with three bedrooms with their own bath. We chatted with our host briefly, she gave us recommendations for dinner. We made reservations for 7:30pm, and then mom and dad headed to a mart to pick up snacks/drinks for happy hour. We enjoyed drinks and snacks by the pool while we chatted and planned the rest of our time in Ubud. Maddy, James, Heidi, and Emily played the Mind, and we won! We then all got ready and headed out to dinner.

    We had dinner at the Copper Restaurant on the rooftop. It was a fancier place with delicious food. It was their seafood night special, so Dad enjoyed lobster, Maddy had shrimp, and Heidi had squid. Mom and Emily enjoyed steak, and James had pork ribs. It was a great time celebrating Mom and Dad’s anniversary!

    We then walked the short walk back to our AirBnB and headed to bed. Excited for our first full day in Ubud tomorrow!
    Read more