Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Travel Day! Cairns -> Sydney

    June 28, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 52 °F

    Hello Sydney! Today was a travel day from Cairns to Sydney. We were up and ready for our Uber at 7:40, and to the Airport by 7:55! We were able to check in and drop off our luggage with no problem. We cruised through security and grabbed some breakfast while waiting for our flight.

    We had to get our carry-on bags weighed (we were a little nervous as we could only have 7 kilos!) but we were all clear. We boarded our plane, and then sat for 1 1/2 hours as some people ended up getting off our flight and they had to find their luggage and get it off the plane. Eventually we were up in the air and headed to Sydney.

    We landed in Sydney around 2:00, got our luggage, and called an Uber. We had about a 20 minute drive to our AirBnB. Our AirBnB is right in the heart of “The Rocks” Sydney. This is the original part of Sydney that was founded first. We dropped our bags and headed out to explore! We headed down under the Sydney Bridge and got our first glimpses of the Sydney Opera House!

    We wandered for a while looking for a visitor center and ended up asking a very nice police man for directions. He helped us out and we got some brochures with information. We then found a small burger joint for some dinner. Afterwards we headed back through the rain/cold to our AirBnB to plan our next four days in Sydney! We are very excited for the upcoming adventures but it is much colder here than it had been in Bali and Cairns.
    Read more