Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    We arrived in Paris!

    June 11, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Saturday and Sunday - June 11th. Anya and I have been dreaming and talking about Paris for years! We were so excited to go to France and celebrate Anya's high school graduation. Our flight on American Airlines was leaving on June 10th and it was delayed out of OKC. There was bad weather. We were worried we would miss the Paris flight. I called and we adjusted our flights earlier out of Stillwater. We had to rush to finish packing and Mikel was driving fast to help us make our flight. He got pulled over by the highway patrol. Anya and I were talking fast - explaining about our once-in-a-lifetime trip - and luckily he let us go without a ticket.

    When we arrived in Dallas, Anya and I went to the International terminal in DFW and had wine and cheese to start the trip off right. It was a long flight. I had gotten us both aisle seats but Anya had to sit next to a man that snored the entire 9 1/2 hour flight. He was also laying his head on her shoulder and she had to keep pushing him off. He was a very, very loud snorer so she didn't get much sleep!

    We arrived in Paris on the 11th. Our driver met us and took us to the hotel. Mikel had gotten us into the Holiday Inn Paris Opera. It was located at 30-32 Boulevard Poissonniere Grand Blvd Paris. We had to put our room key in the slot by the door to get the lights in the room to work. We walked to a cafe for a light dinner and then to Galerie Lafayette. The Galerie was amazing and we enjoyed looking at all the clothes and especially the jewelry. We went to the roof to enjoy the beautiful view.

    We were really tired so we took food home and enjoyed a picnic in bed.
    Read more