Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Montmartre, Paris

    June 12, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Monday, June 12th. We ate breakfast at the hotel. We had a private group tour of the Louvre. It was great and we hit all of the highlights. We had lunch near the Louvre and ate Foie Gras. We went back to the hotel after lunch for a nap. When we awoke we went to Montmartre. There were lots of stairs to climb but it was a fun walk. We saw the "I love you wall" where I love you is written in many languages. We had our portrait done in Montmartre by Namo. We ordered a drink at the same outdoor cafe in the Artist Square that I had gone to with Mom. The waiter suggested a drink for us and it became our favorite. It was a St Germaine Spritz - Prosecco, sparking water and lemon, and then sugar on the rim. Yum!

    We walked to Sacre Coeur and enjoyed the view and then back to Montmartre and the cafe for crepes and another drink. We listened to live music. We walked to Refuge de Fondue for wine in a baby bottle and the yummy fondue. It is a very tiny restaurant. Anya had to climb over the table. It was cozy with other diners and we met a family from Utah.

    We had a fun walk back to the hotel, It was a magical day in Montmartre and we walked 11 miles!
    Read more