Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Bus Ride back to Marrakech

    October 28, 2019 in Morocco ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Leisurely day today, the only stress being that of catching the 11.30 bus back via National coach company CTM at the bus station. We got a good breakfast in the Hotel restaurant , mounted our bikes and set off via the promenade to the bus station. We soon realised that the El Toro restaurant we had been recommended the night before but not found was a considerable distance; good job we stopped at a place that sold beer........ wait mmm?

    Upon arrival at the bus station we were greeted by the ubiquitous local eager to sell us a ticket. ( oh no you say!) yes we were directed around the back away from the entrance directly to the buses and offered a bus ticket to Marrakech for 100 duram (£10 ) including bikes each for the 3 hour “non stop journey”. CTM was 115 plus bikes so we figured it was a saving!

    It was a saving ......... in comfort, air conditioning ,choice of seats and just about everything else but hey ho do as the locals! Andrew’s “choice” of seat was in a window on the sunny side and looked like he would explode when someone tried turning the air conditioning off ... sorry I meant close the skylight! He tried the proper air vent but it was blocked with a paper bag. Fortunately another passenger saw sense and it was opened again!

    After numerous stops during one of which I was offered a bag of nuts for 5 duram and ended up buying it for 10! ( I offered the kid 2 to go away but he refused! :-) we finally arrived at our destination Riad Romance who had stored our bike shipping kit for us. Not however before a double puncture incurred traversing a kerb which was being repaired!

    We were recommended the excellent Le Founduk , French style restaurant who actually sold beer and very good food.

    Bikes packed tomorrow it’s an explore of Marrakech before flying back.
    Read more