Satellite
  • Day 111

    Stuck in a moment

    July 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    I am sitting somewhere on a recreational area looking at the cars on the highway who haven't been moving for an hour now. There is a fatal accident approximately 2km ahead of us and the whole highway is closed. No idea how long, the bus driver said something between 3-4hours. Luckily we are not involved in it and that I have the flight back home from New York tomorrow. I have a very interesting neighbor, Philippe, from Paris, working for a company that produces skin for medical and cosmetical use. We have been talking the whole trip now so the time passes quickly.
    Otherwise I let my thoughts go out and wander around. What an adventure my trip was so far. I can't believe it comes to an end soon. It as a gift and a privilege to have the freedom (by my fancy red passport, by money, by culture, my job, my family, the century I live in (many of those things came to me just by luck)) to travel around the world. It is by far not a banality or granted to be as free as I am. So I am grateful for that.
    And now I hope that this accident hasn't been as bad as it sounds and that we will make it to New York safely. New York, so cool!
    Read more