Satellite
  • Day 6

    Little Vathy, Meganisi

    October 5, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today brought excellent weather once again with the forecast predicting virtually no wind - wrong again.

    The briefing and breakfast were in the beach restaurant, where the meal was held the night before, but there wasn't very far to go today so the aim was to use the engine to once again find somewhere to stop for lunch and a swim. Essentially, this is what happened but before long the wind increased, the sails were raised and the engine turned off. You can see from the route for today that far more time was spent at sea than the day promised according to the forecast. The sailing was great in fact.

    The wind had disappeared after the stop for lunch and a swim (Rob wasn't such a wimp this time) so the engine was used to cruise to Little Vathy to end the day.

    The evening was once again a group meal but with pre-dinner drinks provided by the floatilla Captain and his wife ... though it's probably more accurate to say the drinks were included in the charter price. On the way there Rob managed to capture something approaching a sunset, though only on his phone, but it was better than nothing of course, though not quite the glorious event he was hoping for.
    Read more