Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Rio de Janerio - Locura day 3

    February 20, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We had to wait the third day to experience the best of our of Carnaval Locura 🥳🎉🎊.
    Part of the group discouraged from the experience of the previous days decide to have a hike to the Cristo... Mariana and I decide for a small bloquihno in Copacabana which turns out to be amazing 😄😁. After the usual delay, the band starts playing at 10.30, the day is pretty hot so beer hydration is required since the morning... the music is great, the people around too! We dance at traditional and less traditional Brazilian beats and make some interesting encounters along the way 😂🤷🏼‍♂️.

    In the afternoon we meet Rodrigo (and David) for a afternoon bloquihno in Cinelanida/Lapa, in the center... the beginning is less promising than the morning but the best has to come (always have faith!)... the music is not as good as in the morning but the vibe still great. The bloquihno ends in the area of the marina where we have a stunning view of the harbour to then continue unofficially (Brazilian way 🤷🏼‍♂️😆) in the streets.

    The night is approaching and the streets are not completely safe so at 21 we head home all tired but very happy of the development of the day 😊.
    Finally a proper bloquihno/Carnaval day.

    The end goes to an end with a dinner close to our Airbnb and a brief fofoca session about novihnos with the girls 😏
    Read more