Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Uterga to Lorca 21 km 8hrs

    September 13, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Today may have been one of our hardest days. Lots of ups and downs and the sun was relentless. We started at 7am in the dark. The moon lit the sky for us and the weather was pleasantly cool. When the sun comes over the mountains around 8:30, walking is much more of a challenge. It was nice to meet up with some of our friends today who had moved ahead of us and we had not seen on a couple of day. The father and son from England who were only walking for week, so their Camino is over and Josiah who we met on our first day. We walked with Josiah for a while but he needed to get further on than us so we split. Hopefully we will cross his path again. I think we will. One of the most amazing things to happen today was we came upon a village festival. A villager told us it was day one of a week long celebration. So fun to see.
    Today we came across olive trees, fig trees and almond trees as well as beautiful vineyards
    Tonight we cooked our own dinner with Cecile. We went to the local grocery store to pick up supplies. The store owner uncorked our wine for us and we walked back to albergue with an open bottle of wine. I love Spain.
    Read more