Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Carrion de los condes to Leon 100km

    September 29, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We really made great time today….thanks to the ALSA bus. After taking time off to heal blisters and recover from a cold, there was no way we would make it to Santiago in our allotted time. So we decided to hop on the bus. As much as we didn’t want to do this, we knew it was the best decision for us. The funniest thing about the bus was that it was mostly full of pilgrims…we aren’t the only ones jumping ahead. The good thing about moving ahead is that we are catching up with some of our friends that had moved on. We were able to meet up with Josiah for drinks tonight.
    Leon is a beautiful city, vibrant and alive.
    The other great thing about being in Leon is that we found a note that friends, Nancy and Mark, from Cleveland, left hidden for us about 10 days ago. They are doing the Camino as well and when they were in Leon, they wrote us a lovely note and tucked it behind a sign. We were hoping it would still be there when we got to Leon and sure enough it was. What a great little surprise and morale booster to get us through the rest of the Camino. Thanks Nancy and Mark.
    Read more