Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Day 15 - To Ages

    September 23, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Day 15 - To Ages
    (pr. Ahes)
    28 kms; Difficulty 2/3

    Today was not a really nice day on the trail. It was uninteresting.
    28 km is a long way to walk at the best of times, with interesting landscapes for a distraction. I spent pretty much the whole day walking on gravel roads, like service roads, with bush on both sides. Pesky flies were constantly pestering me. There were no servicios for a 12 km stretch of the trail, yet one must continue drinking. I’m sure many people dipped into the bush, including me. But I was probably the only one that got bitten or stung by something on the back of my arm!!! And it hurt like hell….for a long time!! Don’t know what it was, but hope it wasn’t anything bad!

    Interesting looking sunrise with the clouds!
    The church in a particular town had an amazing backdrop!
    Photo of a monument of those that died in that community during Spanish Civil War.
    I have a couple pictures of part of the trail. You can see how the trail was essentially buried in the bush. The second one gives a closer-up look at how steep the other side of the valley was.
    A beautiful fern, three different colours showing three different stages of growth.
    This church was at a place called “San Juan de Ortega” on the way to Ages. It is named “Iglesia de San Juan de Ortega” after Juan Velasquez who is considered patron saint of innkeepers and also the saint of fertility. The church is home to his tomb.
    Read more