Satellite
  • Day 2

    Making a full day of a half day

    May 19, 2018 in France ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Our journey begins today with a 3 hour bus ride south. It's crazy to think we'll be going on foot for days to make the same distance, slowly heading back north in the wilderness. Around noon we arrive in Conca, a small town on the foot of Corsica's southern mountains. We start our hike here, our backpacks filled with supplies for the next 14 days and our heads full of adventures to be had together.

    The downside of starting in the early afternoon is the extreme heat, it feels like we don't even need to be moving to start sweating right away :) The rocky trail starts in a young and bright green forest. After a few hours of uphill, there is a rock gap to walk through (picture 3), and we both agree it's like a rock gate into a new world - from here, we're secluded from street and city noises and surrounded by only rock, nature and the mountains. Just what we were looking for! :)

    We follow the white-red trail markings (picture 2) along small waterfalls and swimming holes and then lots more uphill all the way to our first camp spot with views all the way to the ocean. Because of the late start, we get there just in time to set up the tent before dark. Since we're exhausted and it's dark anyways, we decide to eat dinner inside the tent and pass out right after.
    Read more