Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 455–481

    North Shore

    January 13, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Arrived back in Auckland, visited Dad at North Shore Hospital. Parked our bus in his driveway at Dad's unit at Hibicus Coast Village.
    We traveled in and out to NSH daily, going to see Dad, sometimes twice. We were lucky as we were able to use Dad's car. In communication with my sister Jackie in Sydney
    18/1 Dad came home from NSH, with an oxygen machine only to use when short of breath.
    19/1 Dad had had his breakfast and found he could not stay off the oxygen machine, so he was on it all day.
    21/1 Dad is still struggling to breathe and going downhill. Picked up Jackie from Auckland International Airport.
    23/1 Dad has really struggled the last couple of days to breathe and his blood oxygen levels have really dropped, so we called an Ambulance, and was taken to NSH, and placed in the same room and Ward he was in a few days earlier. Dad said he just just wanted to be kept comfortable.
    Jackie and I started looking at full time care options for Dad and stated tidying his unit, throwing some things out.
    25/3 Dad moved into his own room and it was there at 6:20pm that Dad passed away peacefully.
    After making all the phonecards, Jackie and I started the process of clearing out Dad's unit , keeping those things we wanted, and donating all of Dad's furniture to the Hospice. It was not an easy process.
    1/2 Tristan and Damian arrived from England. Tristan and Damian were 2 of Dad's grandchildren from our sister Gilian.
    2/2 scattered Dad's ashes at North Shore Crematorium, the same place Mum was cremated, and Gil's ashes were scattered. We were able to show the boys where their Mums ashes were scattered.
    4/2 Jackie flew back to Sydney, and I finished off tidying up
    6/2 Tristan and Damian flew back to England
    8/2 handed to keys to Dads unit back to the Village, took the bus for a CoF, which it failed. We decided, given he nature of the work to be done to head back to Ngongotaha and the work done there
    Read more