Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 118

    Whitsundays

    July 28, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Another beautiful day on the water. We started off the day with a little snorkeling. The water was still a little cold so it wasn’t as enjoyable as it could be but it was still fun swimming through all the school of fish. I got to throw some fish food in the water and watch the swarms of fish dart around the swimmers. It was actually a short warm up for our next intro to diving stop. Thankfully we had wetsuits on this time. The intro dive was a short 15 minute dive down to 5-10m. It was actually a ton of fun. I had done diving lessons in a pool previously but being out in the ocean was way better than I imagined. It’s too bad Rebecca has ear troubles when diving or we might have done a lot more on the trip.

    We rejoined the boat and continued on to a small beach peninsula for our last stop. Another hour of lounging before we sailed home.

    The wind had been cranking all day long and was blowing about 35 knots. We had an incredible sail home. The gunwales where submerged and there was tons of water over the bow. It was a fast, wet and fun ride.

    On the boat and Fraser Island we had heard a lot about Magnetic Island and decided to go there next. Once on land, we hit the road to get a few more kilometers north before it got too late.
    Read more