Satellite
  • Day 706

    CDMX

    December 5, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    T minus 3, 2, 1, hasta la vista Mexico.

    I spent my last 3 days in Mexico City where I treated myself like a king. I slept in private rooms and ate entire cows in the restaurants. However my choice of accommodation was not as good as expected. The Airbnb I spent two nights in, was more like a hostel with small cells. Another hostel guest, two cells right of mine snored louder than the carnival Guggemusig of Switzerland. I decided to hit the nightlife again and returned to my cell around 4 in the morning. My strategy worked out well. I was totally exhausted and super sleepy after partying like a monkey thus felt asleep like a Guinea pig coated in a soft blanket.

    On the very last day I visited a church in the north of the City and changed to a hotel near the airport. I ordered some mole oxacaceño on UberEats to finalize my Mexican trip with some delicious traditional food.

    December 6. I went to the airport but the metro train was acting weird. On two stations without any announcement it stoped for 10 minutes. Nevertheless I made it on time to the airport and it went surprisingly easy. Nobody asked for any Covid tests or vaccination certificates.

    My stopover in Bogota was a pinch more tricky. Although I did my research about the stopover I couldn’t find any information about what is. We’re to continue my flight to Rio de Janeiro. Once I was waiting at the gate some airline assistant went from seat to seat and asked for a PCR test result. I told the young lady that I need a couple minutes to get the rest from the mail server.

    I grabbed my stuff and went immediately to another gate where I had time to fake my PCR test. Luckily I have a decent repository of old PCR tests from all over Latin America. Once I had my test ready, I returned to the gate and queued in line then it was boarding time. At the shelter I showed my test result. Once again they didn’t even check the name or date on the test. They only zoomed to the word negativo and then waved me through.
    Read more