Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Ljubljana

    September 2, 2022 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Overnight train - floor experience.

    Our journey from Zurich to Ljubljana was quite unique. It all started with Aminah’s trip from Tenero to Baar, where she missed the first connection. Fortunately every 30 minutes was a train departing from Tenero towards Arth-Goldau, Zug or even until Zürich. Unfortunate was only the crazy delay the train accumulated in the end. This particular train wehere Aminah was traveling with did not stop in Zug due to the delay and so she found herself in Zürich where she called me and asked me desperately if I can pack all her clothes for our two week interRail adventure.

    When I arrived in Zürich we went straight to the EuroNight train and asked if it is possible to enter the train without reservation. We presented our InterRail passes and the conductor let us pass.

    Once inside the train we couldn’t find any free seats. There was only one wagon with seats 💺 dedicated for the Zagreb route. Three wagons were couchettes. The rest of the train constellation was operated by the Austrians aka. the NightJet wagons.

    We could place our bottoms for about two hours into some seats until the wagon was occupied. In the end we were forced to sit on the floor for about 8 hours.

    Funnily enough we weren’t too tired when we arrived in Ljubljana even though we didn’t shut an eye on the entire trip. Nevertheless we walked from the cute little old town to a park where we took a little nap on the almost dry lawn.
    Read more