Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 642

    Katoomba

    February 25, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We woke up to glorious sunshine and clear blue sky. We returned to Echo Point along the Prince Henry Cliff walk, then descended into the valley down the Giant Staircase, past The Three Sisters Honeymoon Bridge into the depths of the valley. Under the canopy we walked through to the undercliff below the Skyview centre where we met up with other walkers, school groups and bus tours. Many had taken the world's steepest railway to get to the broadwalk through the forest at low level, a trip we had done previously. After a snack we ascended the Furbey steps to the summit adjacent to our camp site. All in all the three hour walk required us to climb over 1600 upward steps, we did not count the downward ones . Our legs are becoming quite strong now, after all the uphill and downhill walking we have done recently.
    In the afternoon we drove to have a look at Megalong Valley to sample the scones and cakes at the renowned tea rooms there. A beautiful spot with views up to the Blue Mountains above.
    The following morning, as we were leaving, the cockatoos finally came out of the trees where they had been hiding to briefly feed in the grass on site.
    Read more