Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 686

    Bedale

    9 April 2020, Inggris ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Another week in lock down, and another week at this lovely site in Bedale.
    We completed our isolation and picked up our shopping from Redcar without hitch. we were expecting to be stopped by the police. We also enjoyed a quick, at distance, conversation with Margaret and Donald.
    We have been continuing our daily walk - on Saturday we walked into Bedale for the first time and got some perishables from the Co-op and the Saturday newspaper. Bedale is a lovely village which we will examine more closely in better times.
    On Monday Karen attacked with great enthusiasm the daily workout with Joe Wicks, a little too enthusiastically, hopefully by the weekend she will be able to walk properly again - getting over some of the stiles on our walk has been comical.
    Since Monday K has been doing Yoga, as her old teacher has posted yoga sessions on line.
    The field in front of us has been steadily filling up with sheep returning with their lambs from the birthing sheds.
    Maths tutoring sessions are going well with Sophie, Samantha and Magnus.
    We found out this week that Mick, our brother in law probably has the virus which has laid him flat. Thankfully he appears to be in recovery.
    We downloaded Zoom for video chats with friends in CF and with Karen's family. Good to see Mick in the garden. Unfortunately our broadband connection here in the countryside is a bit in and out so the connections were not brilliant - it was good to see everybody though if a bit staccato.
    Cracking day on Wednesday, the shorts came out for the first time in glorious sunshine.
    Possibly a one day wonder.
    We have fizz in the fridge for tomorrow evening. Everyone has to have something to look forward to in these strange times, and Friday fizz is one of the things we await eagerly. Along with poached duck eggs (fresh from the farm) for breakfast at the weekend, roast dinner on a Sunday and our daily walk in beautiful sunshine.
    Baca selengkapnya