Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 798

    Lytchett Minster

    July 30, 2020 in England ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    This is a site we used to come to with our trailer tents and where we often used to camp with Gina, Paul and Ellie. A nice site, very well organised and fully across the issues associated with Covid 19. The site is very busy but we feel perfectly safe, with so many measures in place to protect against this virus. We like this site because we can cycle from it to the beach at Sandbanks via Upton Park and the Poole Harbour cycle ways - about 8 miles each way.
    We spent two days on the beach - very relaxing - reading our books in the sunshine. On Friday the area around the Jazz Cafe was very busy but not enough to worry about social distancing and the beach had plenty of room available too. There were four cruise liners at anchor in the bay, clearly not going anywhere anytime soon.
    On Sunday we went for a walk from the site across the main road to the south of the site and into woods of Gore Heath. We found some blackberries to pick as we went along and completed over 8 miles in all. The woods were very quiet, almost spooky, with very little noise from animal or bird life.
    On Monday we returned to the beach, after which we had a little stroll along the sea front to Branksome Chine, all very civilised. It feels like we are on holiday.
    Tuesday was a lazy day - we stayed on site in the morning and after lunch went for a wander into the countryside to the north of us - passing through the woods up to Lytchett Matravers and back.
    Read more