Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 792

    North Baddesly

    24 juli 2020, Engeland ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We have returned to Hampshire to catch up with friends. Familiar faces on the Body Farm site who were here in January prior to our leaving for Brisbane.
    Soon after our arrival, bikes out, we set off for C F where we spent a most enjoyable socially distanced afternoon with The Latituders. Many thanks to Graham and Elaine for hosting the afternoon. Great to meet everyone again - we are all looking forward to being in Southwold for the festival next year.
    On Saturday Karen cycled into Romsey to catch up with Hannah - returning in the afternoon rather wet due to the rain.
    Sunday marked our ruby wedding aniversary. We spent a quiet morning on site, talking to Jamie and all the girls in Brisbane then we enjoyed a long walk through the woods and fields into Lords Wood where we had our picnic. Villa Maria in the flask instead of the usual tea.
    In the late afternoon we celebrated the day with a bottle of champagne which we enjoyed with a sea bass bbq.
    Monday was a wet day some doctor stuff followed by a trip to the hairdresser for Karen. After that we returned to site where the sewing machine was put to use once again.
    On Tuesday, in the sunshine, we visited Peter, Charmaine and Paul for a socially distanced chat and cuppa or two in their garden. It was great to catch up and to hear of their good news - Paul makes a mean cup of coffee.
    In the afternoon we visited Jo and Syd where we enjoyed a socially distanced afternoon of chatter in their garden. The girls had a G and T and Syd and I enjoyed a couple of beers over our picnic. An excellent day.
    On Wednesday K cycled into Romsey where she met with Debi in the War Memorial Park. A stayed on site to give the van a clean after which I cycled into meet the girls. We met Graham and Vivien in the park in the afternoon to complete our week of catch ups. Most enjoyable despite the severe pain of a cricked neck which came on after washing the van.
    On Thursday we moved on for a week near the beach at Poole stopping first at Morissons in Totton for a restock.
    Meer informatie