Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 1 384

    Tallebudgera Creek

    8. mars 2022, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    On Thursday the temperature remained cool and the sky was cloudy. We left the site on foot to walk around the Burleigh Heads headland and up to the lookout. We shared the walk with some of the more exotic wildlife. We then drove down to Coolangatta to have a look at the very modern Lighthouse which spans the boundary between New South Wales and Queensland.
    Crossing the boundary at Danger Point, something that was outlawed a few weeks ago under covid restrictions, we ambled down to the Lovers Rock. The local mosquito population loved both of us and we were sweeping them off our arms at one point.
    Hardcore surfers were in the sea in the local bay where the surfing is apparently a challenge.
    On Friday we returned to walk the spit behind Main Beach that we had failed to do previously. This time the weather caught us out once again - having reached the sand pumping pier a sea drizzle then rain set in as we returned along the beach. We were soon soaked through so took refuge under a tree on the path behind the beach. Two very wet bodies climbed back into our car where we turned on the AC to dry us out. We wanted to visit the evening market on the strip at Surfers Paradise and had some spare time so we dived into The Sandbar on the front where we watched some of the beautiful people go past as we drank our eyewateringly expensive beer and wine spritzer.
    A short walk around Surfers Paradise enhanced our view that it is not a tacky place at all, although The Condom Shop did try all on its own to greatly lower the tone. There were hardly any surfers in the sea at The Paradise, presumably all the hard core were tussling with mossies down near Coolangatta.
    Les mer