Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,433

    Eatons Hill

    April 26, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We returned to Brisbane to spend the last few days of our trip with our family. Karen got the good news that our insurance company had upgraded her seat to Business Class so she at least would have a reasonably comfortable flight back to London. Unfortunately the upgrade did not include Alan.
    We have spent some quality time with our Brizzie family during the last 3 months, and will miss their company when we return home soon.
    The girls were very excited about setting up a stall to sell some wares with their school friends and spent each evening beavering away to build some stock. They made as many bracelets as they could using a couple of bead sets they had recently bought. Tony and Antonella visited on Saturday and we all enjoyed an afternoon bbq followed by a film night in the garden which was a great success. Samantha made grandpa a chocolate birthday cake (belated), which was very nice.
    Sunday was a lazier day. The girls set up their stall on the roadside outside the house, the venture was a great success and they have been inspired to do it all again at a later date.
    In the evening we visited The Eat Street markets in Brisbane in the early evening for a very lively evening meal. The girls chose a pudding of gelato and 16 dollars bought Sophie a Conut which comprised of a pastry, cone, icecream, doughnut, more ice cream, caramel bar and topping - enormous.
    Read more