Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2,034

    Eatons Hill

    December 18, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Now we start the serious preparations for Xmas. The streets around Jamie are awash with Christmas lights with some most spectacular displays of decorations.
    We have spent a lot of our time in and around the pool with the girls. Sophie and Sammy perform their acrobatics at every opportunity. Little Summer is getting very confident in the water, and can now swim underwater across the pool.
    Renee had Wednesday off work, so we all piled into the car once again to complete the Northlands Gorge walk, which is part walk part swim. A pretty challenging "walk" with steep ascents and descents for the walking part of the trek. On several occasions we waded and swam through fairly deep water. Summer used her inflatable shark to aid her buoyancy, and was confident to leap into the water whenever necessary. We were all weary when we reached the car after the return journey.
    The pile of presents under the tree grows each day. Santa delivers the Christmas stocking contents for the 3 girls, the rest of the presents being put under the tree. Excitement is mounting as the big day draws near.
    The weather is largely being kind to us. After returning from Stradbroke to high temperatures and scorching sun the temperatures are now more reasonable (26 - 30 degrees). A storm or 2 thrown in, but generally pool weather. We eat most meals outside - making the most of the opportunity to do so before returning to a British winter.
    Read more