Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2,038

    Eatons Hill

    December 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    We had a family trip into the city to see the South Bank family Christmas show. Arriving a little early we met Renee, who had just left her office, at a street Xmas market.
    The show was a mini panto which was well performed. Afterwards we tumbled into Ole restaurant for a tapas evening meal. Very nice too. The south bank was very colourful with plenty of people enjoying the lagoon. As we walked back to the car we stopped to listen briefly to the carols being performed by the Brisbane river. A very festive atmosphere.
    The following day we celebrated Jamie's 40th birthday with another visit into the city. Parking up at New Farm we walked into the city along the river - the girls and granny taking turns on the electric scooter. Our target was the restaurant "Kickin'Inn" specialising in Cajun seafood.
    Jamie was given a complimentary prawn martini salad for his birthday, which set the tone, and we ordered a bag of mixed seafood for the table - literally. The youngsters had their own choices made up too.
    The food was fabulous, eaten directly from the table, and we were provided with gloves and bibs to aid the process.
    The staff sang hbty and presented birthday boy a chocolate cake to finish. Summer managed to eat most of it.
    In the evening as we hadn't eaten enough (!!?) the girls turned out the chocolate cake that they had prepared for dad - yum
    Read more