Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2,130

    Tromso

    March 23 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    Waking up to clear skies, we wound our way through narrow passages and sounds. The landscape, covered in snow and ice was looking ruggedly beautiful. We passed by remote villages by the fjords, hugging the strip of land next to the sea. The ship stopped off at Finnsnes to drop off or pick up passengers, many of whom were returning to family to celebrate the Easter break.
    At Tromso, we disembarked to join an excursion. 15 of us piled into a mini bus, and we were taken up to the top of the island to a snow-covered parkland. We had enrolled on a snow- shoe walk, and our charming guide took us through the forest park, stopping off at intervals so we could take in the views and learn a little bit more about the town.
    The walk ended with a small campfire with warming beverage and nibbles, but not before we all had the opportunity to try our hand at tobogganing. The locals made it look so easy, which we were unable to emulate. We found ourselves spinning in a complete circle as we sped down the hill. It was great fun, though - and must have been quite amusing for anybody looking on.
    In early evening we set off to, visit the ports at Skjervoy, Oksfjord, Hammerfest and Havoysund.
    Read more