Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Snowy canyon state park & Red Cliff Rec

    April 20, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Today started out chilly and wet. It was a cold night and the rain hit down on and off all night. The tent lasted and nothing was wet inside. The tent keeps impressing us that we may just need to bring it home with us. The 2nd sleeping bag was a needed by yesterday for the cold night.

    As it was rainy, going to Zion National park was not going to happen as planned. We started at the Red Cliffs Desert Visitor Center. It was a really informative small center with tortoises, tarantula and lizard called a gilamonster which is rare to see.

    On the recommendation of the visitor centre we went up to Snowy Canyon and drove around. It was rainy and cold so the kids didn't get out of the car much but Josh and Elisa got our here and there for photos. There was one walk which Elisa was keen to do with the kids, and the weather wasn't horrible. We layered up with jackets and hats and took a mile hike tp Jenny's Canyon. It was beautiful and perfect walk for the kids. We also were shielded from the rain and the wind and was able to enjoy what we have found.

    We left the canyon and had a cute lunch back into the town at the crepery. The day was starting to look better and the rain has stopped and the sun was slowly peaking out.

    Inara had her nap in the car and our last stop was the red cliffs recreational area. This was a highlight for us all. We were supposed to hike to a water fall but there was no water fall, and we kept going which meant scaling up the rock face. We even had to use a rope and dig our heels into holes for feet. Brandon did awesome and Josh did it all with Inara on his back. It was a busy area and there was many people to help us with the kids and we even met one couple who took photos of us and videos, and later sent them to us by email.

    All and all it was a great day for the entire family.
    Read more