Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Wheelers heritage farm, hiking & fun

    April 27, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today was pretty relaxing. Josh and elisa took the kids to a heritage farm which was only a few minutes from the apartment. They got to see farm animals, ride on the moo train, and played on the playground.

    Once the kids got home from school Carla took us all to a hike up in Little Cottonwood Canyon, checking out Lisa Falls. The drive there was only 20 minutes but the view of the Mountains waa amazing. Salt Lake City is a in the plateau of numerous mountain ranges. Some of the peaks still have snow on top and is just breathtaking. The day was a high 80\25 degrees so the waterfall was very fast and high due to all the snow melting.

    The hike was quick and steep and came right to the falls. As it was higher than usual, getting across to the center area meant to take shoes off and walk across the very cold water, or step on the rocks very carefully.
    Inara and brandon loved climbing all over.

    After the hike we went straight to dinner, which was at Classic Fun Center. This massive play place was overwhelming. The kids had a choice of skating\scootering, jumping on bouncy castles, jungle\climbing area that was the whole venue, Arcade games, a laser tag area and more. It was nuts. Brandon choose the scooter and bouncy area. He was in heaven. We had pizza and Inara just watched the kids scooting and skating. We didn't leave till 9pm.

    The night didn't finish there, as when we got back to the apartment, Wallys had his large family over to watch the Utah Jazz basketball team play in a play off game. Player number 2 is Australian too. It was a loud night with lots of Spanish being shouted from Wallys and his Puerto Rican family.

    Carla and Elisa left the apartment again and got a drink at the Wasatch brewery in the sugarhouse area of the city.

    Salt Lake is much smaller than we realized. We think that the name sounds like a big city, but the greater area is only over a million and is the same size as buffalo, New York. It is also warmer in the summer than expected, having summer days higher than 100. Cold is below freezing but they don't get tons of snow.
    Read more