Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Here we come Arkansas

    May 9, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had a relaxing day chillin' with Amanda and Mary Lee. We are so grateful Amanda was able to take off work to spend time and Mary Lee got to play hooky.

    The kids did some scootering around the house. As it is a gated estate, they had a lot of freedom to leave the yard. We also attempted to walk around the lake by the house in the estate but Brandon had other plans and headed back to the house with without telling us.

    We headed to a local playground which was great for all ages. We had lunch there and relaxed in the shade as it was a hot day. We headed back to the house, Inara and Josh had a nap while Mary Lee and Brandon played in the sprinkler. We also hung out by the pond in the back of the house and checked out all the wildlife. There were geese, turtles, fish, frogs and birds. It's a pretty awesome back yard, along with the swing that Brandon insisted on Amanda swinging him.

    We left Amanda, Chris and Mary Lee's house at 4pm. It was a quick and very relaxing visit and we are so thankful for the hospitality.

    We were off to Arkansas to visit Kristia, Charlotte, Maverick and the many animals that live there. After a 3.5 hour drive through the hilly, lush, green and forestry environment, we had a 1.5 mile drive down a gravel, windy, hilly road to get to the last house, in the middle of nowhere.

    We had a chicken dinner when we got there and settled ourselves there for the next 5 nights. Brandon slept with his cousins in Mavericks room while Inara, Josh and Elisa were in Charlottes room.
    Read more