Satellite
  • Day 665

    Chance Encounters

    February 18, 2021 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    It can be quite astounding where some encounters can lead to.
    Already in Saudi a few weeks back I ran out of gas an nobody could refill my cylinder. The guys in Al Ahsa tried, but didn't get too much in. As you might remember, this lead to a chain reaction of events.
    So soon after I ran out of gas again, and the same pursuit for gas repeated itself . Always the same response. Sorry, can't do it.
    In Dubai I finally contacted a supplier who wanted to know what I use the gas for, kitchen or BBQ..., and he promised he would meet me at the hotel between 9 and 10pm.
    When he arrived he had brought a friend along who is a professional photographer interested in travel and my story. So this started a chain of events, in the end resulting in the video, to which I have attached a link below. Not made by the photographer, but an Indian team of travel bloggers. The video by the photographer is still to follow.
    To watch the video on YouTube, just search for travelista_by_santos and you will find it.
    Be patient, I'll make an appearance after about 5 minutes, but until then you get some footage of Lola and Rex.
    ...and just in case you wonder...my gas problems are resolved...for now
    Read more