Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Cabarete, one last trip

    June 29, 2022 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    On wednesday we woke up at 5 after two hours of sleep to get a motoconcho and then get on the bus to Cabarete. First we thought we would have to drive over Puerto Plata and then take a GuaGua and a Taxi but we were lucky. We just told the busdriver where we wanted to go and when we were passing Cabarete he let us out 10 minutes away from our Hotel. The place we had booked was beautiful, there were some bungalows and cottages, two big pools, an areo where one could eat and a very big garden with all kinds of flowers. There was also one buildign with an open Yoga room on too of it, and since there were no Yoga classes due to low season, I could use the room for dancing. Apart from another two single women, we were the only guests so everything belonged to us, we loved it. The next day we took surfclasses in the morning, then went to eat at a place which serves glutenfree waffles and Paninis and Bread and eberything I could wish for. That day I realized that Dan, a guy that I know from sailing club in Tennwil, was in Cabarete too, so we met him in the Afternoon. He has been going to Cabarete for 15 years so he knew a lot of people and we got to know Udo, the owner of a Restaurant-Bar and a Wind- and Kitesurfing School next to it. We also got to know his daugther Jasmine, same age as us and other friends. We drank 2 mojito Pitchers and Rum-Chinola Cocktails at the beach with them. Since it was Jasmine‘s birthday, they invited us for dinner at a very very fancy restaurant. The food was really good and super expensive. I ate Seared Salmon in Walnut, Cranberry and Maple leave crust with veggies, plus a dessert afterwards. We thanked them a thousand times. Then we all went out to a beach bar. I looked for people to dance bachata with but it seemed like people in Cabarete are more surfers than dancers.
    The next day we had surflesson again and went windsurfing with Udo in the afternoon. He gave us a private lesson for free. In the Evening we went to a beach close to Udo‘s house to see the sunset and drink some champagn. After Theresa and I went to a beach restaurant, where I ate a Salad in a pineapple. Then we met people who brought us to their appartment by the sea where we went swimming in the middle of the night. We got home at about 4 and slept for a couple of hours until we went to the beach again for our second windsurfing lesson with Udo. At lunchtime we left the beach and drove to the bus station.
    Read more