Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Folk Dancing

    April 11, 2018 in Russia ⋅ 🌙 3 °C

    We had a quiet afternoon back at the apartment while Heidi was napping. I clearly should have packed more books as I only have one left 🤔 I didn’t expect to have time to do much reading!

    Tonight we visited a folk show which was entertaining. We ended up getting a taxi as it was going to be 1/2 hour walk and we didn’t have time for that. We found a taxi near the metro station and he agreed to take us after getting the guy out the taxi behind him to help him figure out where we wanted to go! His car stank of cigarette smoke so I tried to surreptitiously breathe through my scarf.

    We arrived with time to spare although the hall was just about filled already. There were two sessions with a 15 min intermission in between where we were provided some light refreshments of juice, and tiny sandwiches with caviar, ham or cheese, fruit and veggie sticks with dip. It was all gone very quickly however and we only had a few bites each.

    The dancing was fun to watch and the singing nice too. There was a lot of whistling and yelling and at one point Heidi stuck her fingers in her ears!! The costumes were colourful and looked fun to wear. We even experienced the Cossack dancing where they squat and kick their legs out.

    Afterwards we caught another taxi back home to bed.
    Read more