Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 - Dallas

    May 25, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    A major thunder storm delayed our flight from Kansas City by more than 2 hours, therefore caused us to miss our connection in Dallas. Instead of spending a day in Sydney, we have to stay in Dallas today.

    We didn’t realize the airline doesn’t comp weather related delays, waited in a long line of people needed to reboot their fights, only to be told we have to find our own hotel. Since we already paid our Airbnb in Sydney, and tonight’s lodging is VERY expensive! And we lost a precious day in our trip! So frustrating!!

    Well, we will try to have a good time in Dallas today. Since we are all dressed for Sydney’s winter weather, and we are not able to retrieve our suitcases, long pants and shirts are not well suited for hot Texas day. Our plan is to go to the Art Museum and stay inside with air conditioning.

    The first stop is Nasher Sculpture Museum. Nasher Cafe by Wolfgang Puck is located inside of the museum. Don’t be fooled by the casual atmosphere and simple menu of the restaurant, the food is actually really good! My salmon salad was so light and tasty!

    The Sculpture Museum itself has a well designed landscape, and some exhibit pieces are very interesting. However I do like the photo I take of Steve and Evan trying to figure out if the “Do Not Touch” sign is a exhibit piece or not. LOL!

    Across street is the Dallas Museum of Art. I like the fact the Museum is free to the public! Steve commented the Ancient art from China (from 5,000 years ago) is better than art from Ancient Rome. I think it’s nice Steve appreciates Asian Art so much!

    Dinner is at a nice Italian restaurant. We all stuffed ourselves since we don’t know when is our next meal.

    Back to the airport, and boarding the exact flight 24 hours late.
    Read more