Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5: Singapore

    June 1, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Day 5: Singapore

    This is our last day in Singapore. We focused this day for fun activities.

    We first went to a VR Game Center called Virtual Room. Utilizing the latest VR technology, we were trying to save the mankind by going back in time to destroy world ending elements. Each of us was in an individual small room with our VR headset and 2 controllers. Once the game started, we could use the controllers to pick up items, throw items, using bow and arrows. As a team, we visited several times in history: Egypt, prehistoric time, medieval time and moon landing. We were transported virtually into the space together and could see each other, interact with each other. The experience was truly magical! I am proud to say that working together, under Evan’s leadership (he was so good at solving puzzles!), we destroyed the evil and saved mankind! You are welcome!

    Lunch was at a hawker center where the most famous Singapore chicken rice dish is located. Anna told us usually by lunch time, the line for it is out of the door. We went there super early and didn’t need to wait in line at all. I liked it a lot but Steve and Evan thought it was just ok.

    Afternoon, we went to an obstacle course place called Forest Adventure. Steve and Evan had a lot of fun walking on ropes, balancing on planks and zipping across the trees. I couldn’t join them because my foot still hurts from when I injured it back in January. The boys likes it a lot, Calling it challenging and fun.

    Thanks to Jody Havens’ suggestion, we went to a Chinese restaurant called Seafood Paradise, seeking a dish called Chili Crab. The crab was really fresh, and the sauce was really tasty. Another great dinner for the last day.

    Have to head to bed early tonight, and going to Wuhan tomorrow.

    I think Facebook is banned in China, so this may be my last post for this trip.
    Read more