Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Who turned up the sun?

    July 19, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 35 °C

    Apologies for the late 'footprint'. We camped in Lake Havasu last night very much in the wilderness on the Colorado River. It was magical. We swam in the river which was heavenly in the 40° heat! I've never experienced heat like this before. It's so hot and dry it's like standing in an all over body dryer. It's bizarrely not that unpleasant. I struggled more with the heat in the cities.

    The views along our tour guided road trip through California and into Arizona were stunning with the biggest and best views to come today as we arrive at the Grand Canyon.

    The group we're with is small and friendly although Kate and I are the oldest (including the leader!). We decided between us we were going to try as many different oreo flavours as we could. This can only end badly. The adventure got off to an interesting start when we attempted to take an alternative route to a rest stop and found ourselves stuck in the dust. It took the entire group to push the mini bus out. We still think it was probably a thinly disguised bonding exercise!

    I look forward to sharing more photos with you soon.
    Read more