Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 3 Rowandrennan to beinglas bnb.

    July 31, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Today was a hard,difficult day. We commenced at 8-45 and arrived at 18-30, worn out.
    The morning to Inversnaid, 11kms took us just over 4 hrs and the afternoon distance of 10 kms took us 5 hrs.
    We walk the banks of the Loch Lomond up and down on a very rocky and wet path. Quite muddy in parts. The afternoon was the worst. We struggled and some of the rock clambering was dangerous.
    It was quite obvious we would be late arriving and I phoned the BnB to advise. I was quite worried about Shirley for she suggested we should go on a cruise for relaxation. I took her pulse and felt her brow. She was not delirious. Just joking thank goodness.
    The young French couple told us that when they awoke their tent was floating on water, such was the heavy overnight downpour.
    The Scottish rain god is a miserable sod, who takes delight in making sure everyone and thing is drowned in rain. I have profusely apologised to him for the foul remarks I have directed to him, he doesn't listen,
    The youngster were quite surprised and pleased that we made it as they found the going tough. We arrived 1 hour after them.
    Tomorrow they tell us is easier. We shall see.
    One thing is sure we were pleased to see the back of the -::"(?!' Beautiful Loch Lomond.
    Read more