Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Great Australian Bight..

    March 20, 2019, Indian Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We are in a distant part of the Australian Bight today, calmer, after 24 hours of a very rough ride,worst on their whole world journey, it was, just a wee bit tricky ,trying to remain in the bed.! Lots of focus on our sister ship Viking Sky, in trouble half a world away, but many known on board, to our crew especially, so we had regular updates,along the way,all safe which is the best news.
    A reminder that no matter how modern or experienced anyone is ,there is always the unforeseen. Thought of those never listening or making a joke of our safety briefing ,possibly the first to be in distress...!
    Much to do as we sail along,the craft group,a great bunch. I think cruises are quite good levelers,from whence you come. Today my especially nice companion, in a round about way, revealed her son was runner up in the Pulitzer prize in Music... This as I was helping her ,and we were laughing at ,her attempts at knitting,..There are people in high places,in every way, all thrown in together,dressed ordinarily ,and just mingle nicely,in the main. Good for us all.. All in the one Boat..so to speak.!
    A few more pics I may want included in the Book at the end.
    Simply love all your comments.! Hope you went back to my saying to have all my favorite people in one place is ,simply the best. Bye now, Us.
    Read more