Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    South Lake Tahoe

    May 28, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 45 °F

    Today, Trisha drove me from Alta, California where we had our week long retreat back to the Sacramento Airport. I rented a Nissan Altima and headed to downtown Sacramento.

    I wanted to get a chiropractic adjustment before heading to Lake Tahoe. I like having this membership where I can go pretty much anywhere and get adjusted. I like experiencing new methods of adjustments. Today the doctor did some moves I've never seen before. I felt like I got a really good adjustment on my neck. I bought a green tea match and then headed to Lake Tahoe.

    The drive to Lake Tahoe on 50 is overall beautiful. I drove through Eldorado National Forest. Quite a bit of the forest was burned in a fire last September, and it still smells like fire when you drive through. Many homes were destroyed and banners hang displaying thanks to the firefighters. The areas that were burned just reopened last month. I drove through the tiny little town of Strawberry, population 50. Coming over the pass to get the first glimpse down to Lake Tahoe is amazing. I tried to snap some pictures while driving, but they turn out too good.

    I arrived into South Lake Tahoe and stopped at Freshies for breakfast lunch and dinner, my only meal today. I had a peanut sauce, noodle, tofu and cabbage slaw bowl. It was deliciously spicy and the noodles were thick like dumplings.

    From there I went to get a pedicure. It's quite chilly here as temperatures have dropped quite a bit in the last 24 hrs. It's going to be a low of 30 and high of 57 for the next few days. So I won't be showing off my toes much, but I was just really feeling annoyed everytime I looked at my feet... I got the works, hot stones, extra massage and paraffin wax.

    Since the weather is so cold, I decided to book an Airbnb. On my way to the house I'm staying in, I rode around town up to the casino area, stopped at a couple souvenir stores, and bought some groceries. I picked up some mochi, the Japanese rice buns filled with ice cream. I just looked them up to see what they were made out of only to discover that they are choking hazards and people have died from choking on them. Crazy.

    I got into this Airbnb and I'm not really happy with this place. The pictures were much better than the actual place. It's a shared house and the people in the room next to me have dogs. Also I'm sharing a bathroom with them and it's not as clean as I would like. The floor squeaks everytime the person upstairs moves.... needless to say, I found another place to stay for Monday and Tuesday night and it has a hottub.

    Tomorrow I'm planning a hike on the Rubicon trail. Oh, bears are a thing here. Everyone has locked metal garbage cans to keep the bears out. Don't miss the pic of the message that the Airbnb host sent me about the bears.
    Read more