Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Boarding the Cruise Ship

    August 4, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    We packed up our stuff grabbed coffee from the shop downstairs (too late for croissants), then got the concierge to fetch our bags and sort us out a larger car that would fit everythuing in. The driver was an old French Caribbean guy with a great drawling accent and laid back style of driving! Got us via a couple of wrong turns to the cruise terminal.
    We had to show our boarding passes to gaim access with the cab to the drop oiff area, which meant I had to go into the boot to grab them from a bag, fortunately near the top. Dropped off and a lady helped us staple our luggage tags onto all the bags that were then whicked away to rreappear later in our rooms. I just remembered in time that we would need the passports and we proceeded to check in. No queue and we were through in five minutes, security checks (Sam failed as ever) then we had photo taken and could go straight onto the ship, were on at about 11am.

    We tried to get into the room, which should be possible but the key cards didnt work so were were advised to go up to level 7 and get them configured. We did and joined a short queue of people, which grew longer as we waited. One chap behind us had already queued once and his second set of keys didnt work eaither and when we got to the front it was apparent the problem was ship wide. An announcement was made over the speakers saying there was a problem and while they tried to fix it we should enjoy rest of ship and go up and have some lunch in the buffet, so we did. Food was decent woith pots of different choices.

    We spent the afternoon exploring the ship, playing table tennis. At 4pm (delayed from 3) we had our muster drill practice - was obvious many had no listened to insturctions and gne straight to lifeboats rather than waiting for announcemnets. We wathced the ship sail away an hour late at 5pm and went to our rooms then to the dining room where we were booked in for dinner at 530pm. Shared a tablke with a couple from Utah who were very nice and we chatted with them. Food was decent and we had a nice bottle o Chablis. Finished just before 7pm and went to do the quiz in the bar at 7. Paired up with a couple from Texas annd did OK, about 12 out of 19.

    We then went bck to room and picked up Ed who had not fancied quiz and came nack for a srink and to await the show taster at 930. There was a jewelry raffle that was basically an excuse for a marketing sell of the wares. We didnt win. Went into theatre for the show which was quick half hour of the different entertainsers on board and was good.

    Then headed to bed for Quebec City tomorrow
    Read more