Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day at Sea

    August 6, 2018 ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Day at Sea
    Monday was a day at sea so no shore visit. Sam had a Spa treatment booked for 8am, rest of us stayed in bed longer and went to breakfast about 930. Buffet again.
    We played a bit of table tennis after breakfast then went back to the room. At 1030 there was a tour round the kitchens, which was fairly brief but showed the scale of the operations. Played some draughts in library/games area thenBack to room and kids changed into swimming stuff to head to the swimminhg pool. We all lazed around the Lido pool and Sam and I headed for the Spa relaxation area and laid on the hot benches for half hour or so then into the spa pool. Chatted to guy from ourside Boston who was very nice. Said aquarium is great. Was also very knowledgeable on UK politics, Corbyn was not his fabourite.
    Went back to meet the kids and we planned to go to the gala night dinner, but when we went we weren’t dressed smartly enough so headed to the Lido buffet instead. Tash had a spa treatment so went there, rest of us went to the quiz again. Did it as team of three, Ed did well as three questions on flags which is his specialist topic! After quiz we headed into theatre as it was the Cool Britannia music night, Boat was a bit rocky and Ed felt sick so went back to the room, but then reappeared 15 minutes later just before the show started. Show was good, singing and dancing with songs from the sixties through to Adele and Coldplay. Went back to room after this, met Tash who had bnought yet more products and needed Sam to go and sign for them.
    Tash wanted to see the show and I didn’t mind going again so we went to the 10pm one. Exactly as before, then back to room for bed.
    Read more