Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    LA

    May 10, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    For me LA showed both the good and the bad of America. Besides the constant smell of weed in the air everything is super far away in the city and massive, plus there are homeless people and crackheads everywhere. Eating at restaurants is an interesting experience, the service is incredible but figuring out how to tip and pay is hard. We definitely got some side eye when we forgot to tip! It was great to catch up with my Grandma though and spend some time with her exploring the city. Started off at Venice beach and Santa Monica but they were nothing special compared to Bondi although there was a cool vibe at Venice beach. We went to a couple museums including The Getty and a car museum, where it took John (my grandpa) almost 8 minutes to complete a lap on the simulator. We also explored some farmers markets where I bought some menthe à l’eau, and we went on a tour of the Hollywood hills in my Grandma’s car. One thing I noticed was the LA sky is always really nice and sunsets/evenings make you feel like you’re in a movie especially at Griffith Park. (La La Land 54:50)

    Anyway, I became a quintessential American for a couple days: ate lots of burgers, went to Hollywood, saw some celebrities and ate more burgers.

    📍Essentials

    🍔 Go to In-n-Out it’s as good as they say.
    ⭐️Griffith Park: there’s a bunch of cool walks in the park plus the observatory is cool, saw a very good show in a planetarium.
    Read more