Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 11 - Washington DC

    May 26, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We arrived in Washington DC about 1.30pm and our room was ready. Great view again we can see the Pentagon, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Capitol Building.

    Dumped our bags and off we go on the Metro, First stop Lincoln Memorial. Wow this is pretty amazing. You could look straight up to the Washington Monument.

    Next stop the White House. I wanted to know where the helicopters landed as the area did not look very big. It wasn't till the next day that we realized we were actually at the back of the White House. The front is what you see in the movies it was much more impressive.

    We had hot dogs in the park and tried to capture photos of the squirrels without much success.

    We looked in the White House souvenir shop and thought really hard about whether to buy a Donald Trump boxed Christmas Decoration for someone at home but couldn't decide who to give it to so didn't buy it.

    Off back to hotel armed with goats brie cheese and french stick (tasted just like we were back in Paris again).

    Dinner then bed as tomorrow there is a lot more to see in this very beautiful city.
    Read more