Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Washington DC

    May 27, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    TERESA'S BIRTHDAY

    Early start and off to Smithsonian Museums.

    The lines were very long today as Monday 28th May is Memorial Day. There is a lot of security.

    American History Museum - Great Museum with lots of info on everything. Spent about three hours here and didn't even get to see everything.

    Next the Holocaust Museum - very solemn and makes me realize what atrocities have and still are happening in this world. We as humans need to love more and hate less.

    The lines to the other museums by this time were approx 1hr wait because of the high security checks.

    Headed for the Capitol. Got as close as we could as there was a lot of security around due to the Memorial Day Celebrations. Right next door was the Botanical Gardens. Not very big but in a green house and lots of tropical orchids and other tropical flowers. It was very pretty.

    G&T decided to head off in another direction and Stephen and I walked up the hill to the Washington Monument (it was a long way). Finally when we made it we released that from this Monument you can see the Lincoln Memorial, The White House and Capitol Hill.
    A very impressive view.

    We kept going and finally found the front of the White House.

    Then off to get ready for dinner tonight for my birthday.

    Had a great birthday wishes lots of messages from home. 💕💕❣
    Read more