Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 18 - New York City Day 5

    June 2, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Off we set to try and see the Cherry Blossoms at Riverside Park but unfortunately did not see any as they bloomed early this year and we missed them.

    Stephen and I continued on through the park and then through this beautiful suburb. It was a very pretty part of the city. We found hot dog croissants in a french bakery. We did not try these but I reckon you could only find them in NYC.

    We met Gail & Tony and Marie at the entrance to Central Park. Marie was a great tour guide and took as a bit around the park. First we went to the Merry-go-round and Gail and I had a ride. Then as we walked through the park saw lots of play areas filled with children who were on school holidays. We had lunch at a lovely cafe in the park and then continued on to see the John Lennon Memorial, the sidewalk outside the hotel he was shot and then on to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The park was amazing with lots of other features.

    Stephen and I found the Alice in Wonderland statue and garden it was fabulous.

    At dusk Stephen and I caught the subway and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was dusk and the view of the City of Manhattan and Statue of Liberty could not be fully captured in a photo.

    Tony and Gail went to see Miss Saigon and to meet Marie for a drink after her performance in Phantom of the Opera.

    The end of another amazing day in this wonderful city.
    Read more