Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Day 19 - New York City Day 6

    June 3, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Today we headed straight for Union Square about a 20 minute walk from where we were staying.
    We found a cute little park with lots of squirrels running around and some flower markets.

    We walked further towards Soho to find some more markets of fresh fruit and vegetables and other market Knick Knacks.

    Soho was a very nice upmarket area with lots of boutique shops.

    Here we stopped at Pandora and Stephen bought me a lovely charm for my pandora travel bracelet that you can only buy in store in NYC - you cannot get it anywhere else but NYC not even on line.

    We found Little Italy wow wow wow. Everything I thought it would be lots of Italian Restaurants and little touristy shops we had a wonderful time. Wish we had found it earlier in the week would have definitely gone back here for dinner one night. We did not miss out we had a lovely lunch of lobster ravioli, pasta and pizza with a bottle of Pinot Grigo to drink.

    After lunch we walked through Chinatown - much like any Chinatown in the world including Sydney.

    After this as it was such beautiful weather we decided to travel to Staten Island on the Ferry. It has magnificent view of the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan. We have never seen a Ferry so big it was three times as big as the Ferries in Sydney. A lovely trip to Staten Island and back on the ferry.

    Back to our apartment after a stop off to get nibbles for dinner and then to pack as tomorrow we start another adventure to Las Vegas to meet the 4 Foxes.
    Read more