Satellite
  • Day 29

    Day 28 - Yellowstone to San Francisco

    June 12, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today started with a 3hr drive to Cody airport. As we left before 7.30am we were hoping to see some animals on our drive through the park.

    We were not disappointed we saw a Black Bear in a clearing on a hill not long after we left. Also a Pronghorn, plenty of Bison and of course more fantastic scenery. A fitting way to end our visit to Yellowstone National Park.

    A tiny 30 seater from Cody to Salt Lake City was too rough for the hostess to serve any food or drink to us.

    Then on our last domestic flight things started to turn.
    Boarded our plane in Salt Lake City at 3pm and took off at 7.45pm (only a bit late). Delayed because of damage to the wing by a lightening strike. Turns out they fixed it with special airplane duct tape.

    Well I suppose they endured our safety only compensation of sitting on the plane for over 3hrs before we got off was that we could have a free beer or wine and not 1 but 2 packets of pretzels each.

    Arrived at our quaint hotel around 9.30pm and headed to the local diner "Lori's" for a bit of dinner and walk past the Starlight Room and up to the top of hill a long way up to Grace Cathedral before we hit the hay.

    Oh well tomorrow is another day.
    Read more