Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    A day in the life...

    February 23, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Woke up...fell out of bed...dragged a comb across my head...    (Beatles 1967)

    Then went for a run.  Parkrun.  5 km free, timed run that happens all over the world on a Saturday morning.  Who knew?  Well...a lovely couple from Manchester who we met on the bike trip.

    This one in Dunedin through the Botanic gardens. After a couple of times on the treadmill this trip, Cindy thought..."I should be able to do this." Bolstered by her support group (Daryl) she now has her first Parkrun under her belt.  Locals say Dunedin is the hardest route in the world...with the 100 m STEEP hill (twice!) that may well be so. Great views, tho I think I'll prefer our Victoria run from Clover Point to the Beacon Hill duck pond!  This was the 99th parkrun for our Manchester buddy. A new addiction?

    Then to Dunedin market...2 weeks in a row...we're regulars!  Delicious crepe filled the gap.  Kirsten got her weekly groceries, then guided us to the Otago peninsula.  Oh dear 😯...more awesome views!   And a trek down to Sandfly Bay...long sandy beach, boogie boards down sand dunes (we took the spectator role on that one), sea lions, haystack in the ocean like the Oregon Coast. Again...only 20 minutes from town. 
    Read more