Satellite
  • Day 75

    Pamplona bulls and san sebastian beaches

    July 14, 2015 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Pamplona! The quiet town which turns into the most trashed city, as the running of the bulls festival is held here! My expectations of the festival was very mixed.... i was excited to seenthe culture...however i wasnt too sure if i agreed with the harm of the bulls! When we arrived in pamplona, we stayed with a air bnb host, which was an old man who spoke no english! Already very challenging... especially when he didnt tell us his address after 3 hours of getting there! It was very fusturating, however in the end, it was totally worth it! And heaps cheaper! The festival was one of the most trashed up places i had ever seen! Some streets just wanted to make me gag! The party doesnt stop in pamplona! And neither does the killing of the bulls in bull fights. I totally disagree with this bit. I did not want to see this part of the festival, as the bull can be stabed for up to 2 hours before actually dying. However we did see the running of the bulls, which lasted 2 minutes! People got trampeled on more than getting gorged during the run, but the bull did get his victory when jn the arena...as the runners tormented him..forcing him to ram people.... jason loved this...but i felt sad... not sure if it was for me, as my animal loving defiently showed during this time. I was more worried about the bull than the people.

    We enjoyed rides and churros, while walking through the park, avoiding the vomit which was in the streets! Everyone slept outside... either because all accomadation was booked out, they didnt know how to get home or it was the cheapest option..... not sure, but didnt look very comfortable!

    Goodbye pamplona...not sure if ill miss you, but it was an experience! Next stop San sebastian!
    Soo... we arrived in san sebastian...then jason said he wanted to go back to the festival.... ok... so not goodbye just yet! Off we go on a 4am bus to pamplona to see the run..again! Ahah the things i do for him! We arrived back in san sebastian by 12pm, and had a nanna nap just to get back the energy we had lost!

    The next day in san sebsatian we did a hike up the mountain and chilled on the beach! This place is exactly like the Australian beaches! Felt like home :) next stop tours in france! Then back to paris!
    Read more