Satellite
  • Day 22

    Good decision, bad data

    September 26, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Today’s KMs - 46.5kms
    Total KMs - 509.3kms
    Total blisters - 9 (one extra big one today 😑)

    We left Lugo this morning about an hour later than usual after having a chat with the boys & Sue with a fairly easy day planned. There was a big chain of walkers out of Lugo. We suspect it’s because we are now around the 100km mark left to Santiago so it’s a popular starting point for those who want the compostela. It was also a lovely day walking with the first day in a while that it wasn’t raining and the terrain was relatively flat to start with.

    The plan was to walk to Ferreira, about 28kms in total however once we arrived the town and albergues were really small and not too inviting. So with some “bad” data we made the good decision (in the end) to walk to Melide. The “bad” data was the amount of kms it really was to get to Melide which meant we accidentally ended up walking 46.5kms today instead of 28kms 😳 without any water left and no food.

    Anyway, that just made arriving in Melide even better. Melide is where the Camino Frances and Camino Primitivo meet. So we’ve gone from towns with albergues with as little as 8 beds to albergues of 145 beds (in Melide at least). I don’t know how we’re going to react tomorrow walking with hundreds of other walkers instead of our usual 10-20 walkers at most. Not looking forward to that. But with only 52kms left to Santiago it won’t last long. I can’t believe how close to Santiago we are now!
    Read more